Xhost are pleased to announce
it's support for Actinic Catalog on all it's hosting plans. As an
easy to use, entry level E-Commerce system, Actinic catalog is the
ideal solution for your web shop.
- New Plan Type e-bronze provides an ideal low cost entry plan
for small to medium businesses.
- Available as an addon for all plans Bronze to Platinum.
- Customer should obtain client software from Actinic or authorised re-seller (Actinic Catalog
V4 £349 approximately Ex VAT).
- All shop support is provided through Actinic's support program.
- Only Perl scripts supplied by
Actinic will be loaded on our plans.
- Xhost will provide all Server connection details.
- Only FTP access will be provided to Actinic enabled plans.
FrontPage access will
NOT be provided.
Actinic Catalog is specifically designed to
enable small companies to set up shop on the Internet. It includes
everything you need to set up and service a state-of-the-art sales
channel across the Internet, and is specifically designed for ease
of use, security and low cost operation.
Actinic Catalog has four key benefits which we believe are
crucial for Internet traders
- High value:
with its low cost of investment, Actinic Catalog
reduces business risk and releases funds for the
hosting, design and marketing services required
to make an e-commerce site successful.
integrated bank-approved 128-bit security.
Alternatively, supports SSL and integrates with
market leading payment gateways for real time
credit card processing. Security approved by
Which? WebTrader and leading shopping portals.
- Easy to use:
Windows user-interface provides a familiar
environment. Updates are made easily from your
PC and customer data is always available. There
are no monthly rental charges for your software,
and no price increases for additional products.
integrates all elements of the business process,
from site generation to the printing of
invoices. Direct Order Delivery ensures that
orders arrive at their destinations and not in a
black hole in cyberspace.
Full list of features below:
- Windows-based user interface
- Uses standard commercial Web space
- Run multiple web stores from one PC
- Upload and maintain store from one PC and process orders from another
- IMPROVED: Choice of site themes
- NEW: 'Colourising' feature
- Theme manager enabling full custom design
- Export and import of custom themes
- Configuration wizard self-configures site to commercial Web space
- NEW: Navigator guides through web store creation process
- All fields and messages fully customisable
- IMPROVED: Better support for installing on new servers
- Supports 10,000 products with product images
- Tree control with drag-and-drop manipulation
- Unlimited depth of sections and sub-sections
- NEW: Unlimited user-definable product attributes and components
- NEW: Offline stock monitoring generates alerts to low stock levels and suppresses out of stock items
- Import of product data via CSV files
- Vendor defined terms and conditions
- Shipping charge calculations based on quantity, order value or weight
- NEW: Separate handling charges
- NEW: Pricing in any two currencies
- Unlimited tax rates
- IMPROVED: Automatic tax calculations based on geography
- Display tax-inclusive or tax-exclusive prices, or both
Marketing and Promotion
- Search-engine friendly
- Up-sell using product bundling
- Site referrer programme support
- Which? Web Trader approved security
- Accepted by leading portal sites
- NEW:High speed searching on text and price using dynamic indexing
- Site map
- Support of frames
- Integral electronic shopping cart
- NEW: Customers can receive email confirmation of order
- NEW: Use of cookie to remember customer details
- Offline order processing with full encryption of orders until downloaded to your PC
- Email alert when a batch of orders is waiting
- Manual adjustment of order details
- NEW: Back-ordering enables processing and shipping of a single order as part orders
- Print packing lists and invoices
- Export orders as CSV file
- Production of data entry reports and credit card schedule
- Recording of payments and tracking against orders
Security and payment
- All conventional currencies supported
- Integrated, Java-based 128-bit encryption
- Supports SSL
- Supports all market-leading payment
- NEW: Comprehensive 'snapshot' site backup
user guide and on-screen help, with
full telephone technical support
best e-commerce solution by leading
Internet and PC magazines.
Security and online payment
Catalog LE hosts up to 25 products (£150
+ VAT) and retains full product
functionality. Upgradeable to the full
version of Catalog.
Catalogue design options
- Optional online credit card processing
- Integrated, bank approved security
- Optional support for SSL (as an alternative to Actinic encryption)
- Automatic calculation of delivery charges based on geography, weight, shipping method and other factors
- Design flexibility including ability to produce web sites in languages other than English
- Complete control over every message produced by the software at the web site
- HTML design templates, including support for frames, with unique template 'colourise' feature
- Automatic generation of buttons and drop-down lists for product variants and components
- The ability to support a catalogue with a hierarchy of sections including optional generation of site maps and
Versatility [PC vs Server article]
- Data entry report for companies that wish to re-key orders into another system
- Export orders option to interface Catalog into order processing systems
- Payments can be recorded and tracked against orders
- Back ordering facility allows shipping of a single order as part orders
- Stock monitoring feature generates alerts on low stock levels and removes out of stock products
- Online address book and 'Remember Me' feature
Speed and ubiquity
- Ability to run multiple Catalog instances from a single PC
- Ability to upload and maintain the catalogue from one PC and process orders on another
- Pricing in any two currencies, comprehensive taxation options
- Wide browser support, and simple operation with services such as Compuserve
- Faster download time and a switch to Java only for Actinic encryption
- Better support for installing on new servers
- Enhanced proxy support
- High speed indexed searching on products and price bands, including multiple words
- The ability to support catalogues with up to 10,000 items/li>
sites are produced in static HTML and are viewable by search engines
Minimum Actinic Catalog V4 & LE version system requirements:
- Pentium PC running Windows 95, 98, 2000 or NT4
- minimum 32MB memory, 64MB preferred
free disk space
- recommend 65536 colour display
- Internet access